websiteetsyfacebookImage Map

Monday, April 13, 2009

Doodle Kidz

Yeah! I had another chance to create a Doodle Kidz shirt. This set was for a little guys birthday...he created his own birthday shirt, fun huh? My Doodle Kidz products seem to be few and far in between but I think they are SO cute!...plus super unique. I know my kiddos adore this idea and are always begging me to make new shirts. Just in case you are interested here are the steps to creating a Doodle Kidz design.
Step 1: Have your child draw a picture with sharpie markers. (YIKES...I know...but they work the BEST!) Black works best but I can do colored sharpies as well. (crayons leave too many color variations with the childs pressure strokes).

Step 2: Draw me up a little map, telling me what parts of the picture should be a specified color.

Step 3: Scan and email me the picture and map...or just bring it over. :)

Step 4: Pick a product to add the design to...now comes the FUN part!

Step 5: I digitize the design..meaning I create it into an embroidery design.

Step 6: I embroider the design onto the product you picked. I can do shirts, bags, totes, cinch bags, blankets, towels, and even teddy bears! Quilt squares would be a GREAT gift to a teacher or grandparent!


I just have to say that I think this is a FABULOUS way to make one of your childs drawings a heirloom! And let me tell you...when your child wears a shirt with THEIR drawing on it they are so happy with themselves!


Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions regarding Doodle Kidz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by: Katie My little Monsters