websiteetsyfacebookImage Map

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

New Idea- What do you think?

Since I have had my new embroidery machine I have LOVED playing with it and trying new things..especially now that I have a program where I can digitize! Digitizing is creating a embroidery design from a picture. A few nights ago I was up in the middle of the night dealing with my 3 year old and afterwards I never could fall back asleep. I thought of this idea and I need your input on if you think it was a late night throw away idea...or a "keeper".

Here's my idea. Kira (my 5 year old) LOVES to draw. So I started thinking about digitizing her drawings and placing them on a t-shirt. I had her draw a picture just using a black sharpie (this way I don't have too many color variations) and then I put it into my computer software. Once it was in the computer we "colored" it. This is what we created.

The picture on the left is her drawing, the middle picture is an up close of the finished t-shirt and the last picture is the proud owner of her very own shirt! She LOVED it! She wore it for 2 days and then I had to physically "remove" it from her body so that it could be washed.

I'm thinking of selling these shirts for $15. You would just need to send me a scanned image of one of your childs drawings (done in black marker) and I would digitize it and place it on a t-shirt. I think I'm going to try this out at the craft fair in a few weeks...what does everybody think? Good idea or no? Do you think anybody besides me and my 5 year old will think that this is a great idea? I think it is a FUN way to save some art work, plus create some real ownership of an item for your child. Give me your feedback! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. That is a neat idea, a family could make a shirt for each child; or it could just be done on fabric and a person could turn a series of their child's drawings into a quilt showing the child's development through the years.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by: Katie My little Monsters